Kimono Jacket

Here's the next piece of baby clothes I made: a kimono jacket. The pattern is from the same issue of Burda as the pants I posted yesterday are.


I found the cute "baby boy" fabric in a little fabric store in my city. It was my first visit there and I really liked the selection. They also had lots of great fabrics for quilting. Some are imported so they were quite expensive but nevertheless they were so so pretty.
And the great thing is you don't need much fabric for making baby clothes! So I could afford it because I just needed a few cm.

My only problem with the jacket happened when I cut out the fabric according to the pattern. One of the pieces is upside down now because I didn't pay attention while cutting. ;_; No good no good, but I can't change it now. Done is done and I didn't have more fabric to cut it out again.
So well, now the "baby boy" slogan is upside down. Hope the boy doesn't mind while wearing it.

I decided to make a bow closure so the kid can grow and still wear it because it's more adjustable than with buttons.




Categories:

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.